Well, it is now Sunday, already, of the Thanksgiving weekend. It has gone so fast and ALWAYS goes so fast. On Thursday we headed to the Amana Colonies, Ox Yoke Inn. The food was GREAT and it was so nice to see my family. Unfortunately with such a huge group (23 people) I didn't get to talk to many of my relatives :( The other bad thing about a restaurant is trying to keep the girls under control. The Lord was so good to us.........the girls were PERFECT. No crying or outbursts the 2 hours we were there. And it was during their nap time!!! Thank God!
On Friday Kevin's dad came to visit us (his mom was sick ). The girls love spending time with their grandparents no matter how long they stay. Reagan had a lot of fun with him and I've never seen Peyton sit on someones lap that long!!! He stayed until Saturday afternoon and we all had a good time.
On Saturday I was able to go into Waterloo and go to a movie with some of my girlfriends. It was so great to be childless for a afternoon! I even got to go grocery shopping by myself! When I got home we had Peyton open her presents for her 1st birthday. She had so much fun with the bags and tissue paper!! I liked the gifts!!!! She didn't seem to care but that would be her age. I can't believe 1 year ago I was having her!! The time flew by!! We are going to finish her birthday with a cake today!! I'll get lots of pictures of the birthday cake face. Don't worry!!
I loved waking up to snow on the ground!! Especially since we didn't have to go anywhere today!! We have our beautiful Christmas lights up on our porch and we will finish this wonderful day with putting up our Christmas tree tonight. What a GREAT day!!
This week is kinda an exciting one for me. Monday Peyton will get her 1 year shots....not exciting. Wednesday, though, I have my second OB appointment which I'm very excited about. I haven't had one since I was 9 weeks so this 16 week appointment will be fun. I'll actually get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler!!! This will also be the appointment where we will schedule the gender ultrasound!! There finally will be a date set to see what this little pumpkin is!!! I can't wait!! I hope all your Thanksgiving were great too!!!
About Me
- Rachael Stensrud
- I am a stay-at-home mom with 2 little girls and a little boy on the way. I absolutely love my husband. I LOVE God! HE is so faithful and has blessed us so much!!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment