About Me

I am a stay-at-home mom with 2 little girls and a little boy on the way. I absolutely love my husband. I LOVE God! HE is so faithful and has blessed us so much!!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sick Babies... :(

I absolutely HATE when one of my kids are sick. The worst part about it is that they can't tell me what is wrong. It all started Friday night. We were sitting in the Subway parking lot and I looked back at Peyton. She was pale as a ghost and looking like she was going to throw up. Luckily that never happened but it was downhill from there. She didn't eat her supper Friday night, which is SO unlike her! That child would NEVER pass up food if it is offered to her unless there was something wrong. Friday night was a night full of crying, Tylenol, and more crying. My poor baby was sick. I thought it could be another ear infection so on Saturday morning (after she still wouldn't eat) Kev took her to urgent care in Cedar Rapids while Reag's and I went grocery shopping in Cedar Rapids.
The doctor checked her ears and said they looked fine but her belly was a little harder then normal. So the doctor gave us a prescription for an antibiotic, in case it was the beginning of an infection, and sent us on our way. All day Saturday Peyton didn't want to eat or drink anything :(
What was weird was that she kept on keeping all her saliva in her mouth and wouldn't swallow. That is when we figured out that it must be her throat that hurts. Of course, the doctor didn't check that. What doctor doesn't check the throat???? I was so furious when Kev told me that we spent 100$ to go to urgent care and the doctor didn't check the one thing that is a common thing to check!!!! Thank God that we were able to get some medication anyway.
I had to leave Kev with the girls last night so I could go nursery at church. Poor Kev had a VERY tough night with Peyton. She cried and cried and cried!! He finally got the girls to go to sleep and I was finally home. Then came last night :) (It's been a ROUGH weekend)
At 3:30am I hear Reagan talking. She is talking to her sippy cup, her dolls, her teddy bear, dog, everything that was in her bed with her. This went on for about a half an hour. Then comes the yelling "Mommy, Mommy"!! I went up there and she tells me that she needs more water. I gave her more and told her to go to sleep. She was up until 5:30am talking and yelling for me. It was a VERY long 2 nights and I am so EXHAUSTED today! I feel like this is a permanent part of my life and I will never sleep again. That's my pity party post for the day :) I hope all of you are having a better weekend then us and pray that Peyton will feel better and Reag's won't get sick.

No comments: